Daam Galvanizing is committed to environmental sustainability, development and practices that meets the needs today without compromising future generations.
By its nature, hot-dip galvanizing facilitates sustainable development with minimal environmental, economic and social impacts. It protects steel — a vital component of modern construction that’s susceptible to corrosion — ensuring long-term structural durability and sustainability. Moreover, the zinc used in the hot-dip galvanizing process, much like the steel itself, is recyclable.
The efforts taken by Daam Galvanizing to positively impact future generations and the environmental sustainability of galvanized steel are outlined below:
- Daam Galvanizing recycles 90% of our by-products:
- The solid by-products that remain on the surface and bottom of the kettle during the galvanizing process are sent to a third-party, where they’re processed and recycled into zinc.
- Our spent acid is sent to a third-party who uses it as a chemical substitution.
- No zinc is thrown out. Any zinc that may have splashed out of the kettle is swept up and returned.
- Hot-dip galvanizing reduces impacts on future generations:
- Because of its expansive lifespan, galvanized steel promotes the longevity of industrial and municipal structures.
- Hot-dip galvanized steel ensures that structures remain protected and intact for generations, reducing the impact on future resources.
- Hot-dip galvanizing reduces environmental strain:
- Because galvanizing provides maintenance-free corrosion protection, no additional energy or materials are required for re-coating.
Click here to download more information about sustainability and galvanizing.